Updated: Nov 30, 2018
Read more to find out about the ways homelessness affects our community.
Homelessness does not discriminate. It could be the older lady down the street from your childhood neighborhood, your family, your friends, your co-workers, or maybe even you.
Winter is a dangerous time for everyone, but even more dangerous for those who don't have shelter and a source of heat. Of course, we all want to do more, but there are plenty of ways to help the homeless! We know you can come up with more, but these 5 things can go a long way:
1. Give Your Old Warm Winter Clothes A New Home
2. Stop For A Cup Of Tea And Chat With Those Who'd Like To Talk
3. Volunteer At Local Food Distribution Groups or Shelters
4. Keep Water Bottles In Your Car To Give Away
5. Purchase Items That Make A Difference - Socks, Hats, Gloves, Etc
What else can you think of that will help someone facing the cold in the streets?
We are currently looking for sponsors for our 2019 Gala and Awards Ceremony to fund a transitional home for a family in need. We would love to gain your support! If you are interested in more information, please send us a message. Your support is truly appreciated!